Authors: Emily Rhinehart (Retired) and Mary McGoldrick, MS, RN, CRNI®, FAAN
Audience: Home health agencies, hospices, home infusion, private duty, including skilled and non-skilled providers.
This textbook (not a policy manual) provides a fundamental overview of infection prevention and control in the home setting.
- Gives basic information on the science of infectious disease transmission
- Offers a comprehensive approach to surveillance of home care acquired infection
- Addresses specific patient care issues and prevention of infection, including infusion therapy, urinary tract care, respiratory tract care, and wound care
- Discusses multidrug-resistant organisms and their management
- Incorporates the information and guidance on agents of bioterrorism
- Translates and adapts principles and practices developed for hospitals to the home care and hospice settings
- Includes specific home care examples, in addition to forms, charts, and tables
Want more information?
Order online via the secure shopping cart (above) or submit a completed order form.